SLO apartment fire displaces three residents

By JOSH FRIEDMAN

An apartment fire displaced three San Luis Obispo residents on Monday.

The blaze started at about 4 p.m. inside a first-floor unit at a complex located at 1245 Phillips Lane, according to the San Luis Obispo Fire Department. Firefighters arrived at the scene and quickly contained the blaze. 

One person suffered minor injuries because of smoke inhalation.

The cause of the fire appears to be cooking related. The blaze caused major damage to the kitchen inside the unit that caught on fire. Additionally, the unit above sustained minor smoke damage.

Authorities temporarily closed a nearby Highway 101 onramp while firefighters extinguished the blaze.

Please, be respectful of others. Attack ideas, not users. Personal insults, shill or troll accusations, hate speech, and other uncivil comments will be removed. The comments posted represent the opinion of the writer and do not represent the views or policies of the website.

Leave a Reply